- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Family friendly
If you have never surfed before or want to refresh your skills, this is the perfect course to get your feet wet! Expert instructors will cover basic aspects of surfing, from ocean safety and surf etiquette to paddling, pop-ups and wave-riding techniques. Surf instructors are certified in CPR, first aid and lifesaving and the surf school is permitted by the City of San Diego.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
* Please check-in 30 minutes prior to departure time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
San Diego Surf Lessons
- Use of surfboard and rashguard
- Surf diploma
- 10% surcharge for the City of San Diego
- 20% VIP discount in the full-service surf shop
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wetsuit rental $6.60
- Locker rentals
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be able to swim one lap unassisted across a 25-yard pool to partake in the surf lessons
- All students under 18 must have parent sign Parental Consent Form
- Surfing while pregnant is highly discouraged
- Bring sunscreen, sweatshirt, swimsuit, towel, water, a light snack, hair ties and any other items you might need while at the beach
- Minimum age is 12 years old
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Stephen N, December 2015
Excellent staff. The instructor was excellent and very helpful in helping us correct technique on the board. I am a complete novice but it was a lot of fun and I will definitely be doing more surfing. Recommended.
Reviewed by: Jeremiah M, March 2015
The surf instructors were great. They had lots of patience and enthusiasm. We could tell they loved surfing and sharing it with us.